Growers Leading Change is a knowledge exchange programme that encourages arable farmers to consider, develop and introduce new ideas, technologies and ways of working.
The Growers Leading Change programme began in October 2020.
- Growers sharing information, experience and expertise to improve the sustainability of their farm businesses, their communities and the arable industry as a whole.
- Delivering technical information to meet the specific needs of a network of arable discussion groups, trial and demonstration farms.
- Addressing agronomic, environmental or financial issues or opportunities, and supported by trained facilitators.
How does it work?
Growers Leading Change is designed to deliver information solve problems identified by growers, as such it is completely grower driven. Information delivery will be via:
Arable Growth Groups: member-only local, regional or national discussion groups. Each group will focus on a specific agronomic, environmental or business issue for a period of 1-3 years.
Field days and technical workshops: open to all arable levy payers and industry professionals.
Pathfinder Farms: a small number of arable farms intent on making a big change to their system or business, with research and technical support from FAR and other experts.
Are you interested in forming an Arable Growth Group?
- Download an Expression of Interest Form.
- View some of our Frequently Asked Questions
- For full details on how to set up an Arable Growth Group, read the AGG Handbook.
- SWOT analysis: A simple and proven analytical tool is the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) Analysis. Click here for a SWOT Analysis template.