- Students will be able to:
- understand the life cycle of ladybirds and name the life stages
- observe their behaviours
- appreciate there are many species of ladybirds.
Spot ladybirds in a garden, waste area or on the farm
- Use the spotter guide below to find and name the different life stages of a ladybird. To do this, find a garden, wasteland or unkept farm margin that has a variety of plants in flower, and where there are lots of aphids.
- Carefully search high and low to find any eggs, larvae and adults.
- Record what you find by ticking the boxes and recording your observations by writing about them, through drawings, or by taking photos.
Ladybird/Mumutawa Spotter pdf download (optimised for colour printing on A4, 2.1MB).
Hints and tips