FAR has five distinct research goals, and within them, a further five research themes. Research projects are developed to meet one or more of these goals and themes.
- New innovative products
- Sustainably produced feed and food for livestock industries
- Building better and more robust farms (environmental focus)
- Improving farm viability (crop productivity focus)
- Delivering benefits and outcomes
- Reducing cost
- Improving yield
- Adding value
- Environmental responsibility
Key areas of research FAR is investing in currently include:
- Understanding and developing management strategies to minimize the risk of agrichemical resistance.
- Measuring, monitoring and managing the efficiency of inputs in cropping systems.
- Developing new crops and products to improve farm profitability.
- Providing effective tools to manage, store and report farm practices.
- Providing new solutions to manage crops and increase yields.
Further information about FAR and its research capability fan be found in the FAR Profile.